What is Tenex?
Tenex is an alternative minimally invasive treatment for soft tissue damage.
What to Expect
1. Your doctor will use ultrasound imaging (the same non-invasive technology used to see babies in the womb) to visualize and identify the specific location of the damaged tendon.
2. Then the doctor will numb the area with a local anesthetic, gently applying Tenex Health’s ultrasonic tool to safely breakdown and remove the damaged tissue.
3. As the required incision is minimally-invasive and the ultrasonic energy precisely treats only the damaged tendon tissue, the surrounding healthy tissue is left unharmed, allowing patient recovery to be a matter of weeks.
4. Stitches are not required, so your doctor will only apply a small, adhesive bandage after the procedure.
5. You will be able to go home immediately after the procedure is completed.
What happens afterwards?
Recovery time is greatly reduced from several months (with traditional surgery) to one to two weeks with Tenex. In most cases, you can begin light weight-bearing exercise within two weeks.
Is it covered by insurance?
Most insurance companies will cover Tenex.
Ask if Tenex is right for you, make an appointment by calling (503) 292-9252.